Fulvio Bugani was born in Bologna in 1974.
He started working as a photographer in 1995. After a close collaboration with major photo studios of Bologna, he founded his own studio in 1999 – Foto Image.
Bugani has been a freelance professional photographer for over 20 years, working with associations and NGOs. He actively collaborates with MSF (Medecins Sans Frontier) and Amnesty International, for which he has participated in several projects on human rights, illegal immigration and the right to housing.
His work has been published on international magazines and websites like TIME LightBox, LFI – Leica Fotografie International and Cubadebate (view the tearsheet).
Among other recognitions, in 2015 he was awarded at the World Press Photo, for his work about Indonesian Transgender. While in 2016 his reportage about Cuba was selected as one of the 12 finalists at the Leica Oskar Barnack Award. (view the full list of award and publications)
He has been chosen by Leica as its International Leica Ambassador for the new Leica M10, and has worked for important international brand and artists like Juventus, Zucchero Sugar Fornaciari, Universal Music.
He has several ongoing photographic projects in Cuba, Kenya, Indonesia, Turkey and Georgia. He teaches photography in his private photographic school in Bologna, as well as in seminars an workshops.
- Castello del Valentino – Turin (Italy) – Amnesty – Inside Kibera – 2010
- Villa Panfili Roma (Italy)- Amnesty – Inside Kibera – 2011
- Fandango Roma (Italy) – Amnesty – Inside Kibera – 2011
- Università Roma 3 (Italy) – Amnesty – Inside Kibera – 2011
- Istituto Internacional de Periodismo Josè Martì – Havana Cuba – 2014
- Eutropia Festival Roma (Italy) – Amnesty – Waria: Being a different muslim – 2015
- World Press Photo Exhibition Worldwide – 2015
Photolux Festival Lucca (Italy) – 2015
- Head on Photo Award Festival – Sidney (Australia) 2016 & 2018
- Kolga Tbilisi Photo Award Festival – (Georgia) 2016
Kuala Lampur International Photo Awards Festival – (Malaysia) 2016
- Photo Lux Festival Lucca (Italy) – 2016
- Neue Schule fur fotografie at Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 – (Germany) – 2016
- Siena International Photo Award Festival (Italy) – 2016 & 2018
Leica Gallery Wetzlar (Germany) – 2017
- Leica Gallery Hanoi (Vietnam) – 2017
Leica Gallery Singapore – 2017
- Leica Gallery Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) – 2017
- Leica Gallery Manila (Philipphines) – 2017
Leica Gallery Bangkok (Thailand) – 2017
Leica Gallery Jakarta (Indonesia) – 2017
Leica Gallery London City – (Uk) 2017
- Escuela International de Cine – San Antonio de los Banos (Cuba) – 2017
- Sottopasso di Piazza Maggiore – Cineteca di Bologna – “Bologna fotografata” – Bologna (Italy) – 2017
- 18th Pingyao International Photography Festival (China) – 2018